EIGHT is the fastest independent super premium market ever launched in Texas. This is your chance to be an integral part of building something special, taking on the titans of our industry and truly owning your success. Join us on the hunt – we’re just getting started.
EIGHT BREWING – Who we are
EIGHT BREWING has set itself the task of promoting the pursuit of greatness while raising a glass to special moments. We’re a celebrity-founded, Texas-raised, Austin-headquartered lifestyle brand built for the “early risers” out there – those dedicated to improving their lives through religious exercise, conscious consumption, spiritual stay fit and lead a purposeful life. The EIGHT BREWING team is a group of no-nonsense, no-ego makers. Like our founder, we wake up every day excited to build a world-class company in the most competitive category in the world.
Market Manager – What you bring to the team
As a market manager, you are a crucial component in representing and growing the brand. You will spend time in the retail marketplace to increase brand visibility by delivering world-class merchandising programs and maintaining strong relationships with our key retail customers. Your primary responsibilities will be to call buying and non-buying retail accounts to attract sales, identify and upsell display opportunities, and execute marketing and POS programs in your assigned geographic area. Your responsibilities will also include sampling (indoor/outdoor in various weather conditions) at local events and conducting high quality product demonstrations to key retail clients. Although this position is outside of your assigned territory, you will be expected to travel outside of that territory on occasion based on business needs.
Your Working Style – What you need to be successful
- self motivated – Creating a sales strategy and managing a market is not an easy task. While always having the support of the leadership team, all EIGHT team members are expected to work independently and with minimal guidance while upholding the brand’s core tenants. Our success depends on our team proactively identifying needs and opportunities, and then ensuring the necessary work gets done.
- ability to collaborate – We all have a common goal and we need to maximize the common result. Good ideas can come from anywhere, and while we may respectfully disagree at first, once the team has settled on a course of action, we all jump in without reservation. Market managers need to work collaboratively between distributors and internal teams, supporting large-scale projects involving multiple team members and external partners.
- attention to detail – After all, the devil is in the details and at EIGHT we believe in doing everything first class.
- empathy – The success of our distributors and retailers will precede our own, so your ability to walk a mile in their shoes and anticipate their needs – ideally before they do – is vital. Those who bring our product to market must have the absolute confidence that we have their best interests in mind, alongside our own, and that while those interests may not always align, we will build relationships based on transparency and mutual trust we strive to strengthen daily.
- A hustler’s mindset – As a new start-up, we have less staff, money and minimal resources compared to our competitors, so we have to find ways to creatively achieve our goals despite the limitations. No task can be too small – “not my job” is not in the job description.
The job – What we count on you for
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key retailers, both on- and off-premises, within the assigned geographic area.
- Take a leadership role in executing key brand initiatives with retailers within the assigned geographic area.
- Creating authentic connections within the community and our targeted core demographic on behalf of our brand.
- Conduct on-site work with meetings with dealer representatives.
- Conduct employee training for retailers on our brand, our value proposition and what differentiates our brand from the competition so retailers are best prepared to showcase our brand to consumers.
- Ensure our brands’ quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Use data systems to identify opportunities for new or expanded distributions, lost sales, incremental volume increases, and other business insights.
- Ensuring the proper use of available legal point-of-sale items throughout the territory
- Represent our brand at selected festivals and events.
- Check and understand any legal restrictions related to our brand in each market and ensure all initiatives are carried out within these restrictions.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as weekends and long days are required.
- If necessary, additional tasks can be delegated.
The Basics – What we expect from you
- Proven knowledge of the three tier system
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, senior level decision makers and all internal stakeholders
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated
- High level of knowledge about beer products
- Excellent oral, analytical, written and communication skills for group presentations
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or military equivalent.
- Two years of industry experience in sales in the beverage industry.
- Good knowledge of the local beer market
- Sound knowledge and direct experience of the beer scene in this region.
The Benefits – Benefits of working at EIGHT BREWING
At EIGHT BREWING we take our work seriously, but not ourselves. After all, we make beer. Our mission is to support those who are constantly striving to improve and make sure they have a cold refreshing pint to celebrate the big and small wins along the way. We live these values ourselves, encouraging each other to lead healthy lifestyles, challenging each other to constantly strive for improvement, and striving to balance work, self and family.
We’re a young, rowdy new brand here to shake up a category that has taken its drinkers for granted for far too long. We don’t have a huge infrastructure, but we don’t have the associated bureaucracy either. At EIGHT BREWING you will be responsible for your work and help shape the course of our growth in a meaningful way.
Diversity matters – We are an equal opportunity employer
At EIGHT BREWING, we are committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where all applicants and teammates have equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), national origin , age, physical and mental disabilities, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristics protected by applicable law. The EIGHT BREWING team believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success and we strive to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates.
Physical and environmental job requirements
- In order to perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform every essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The performance duties of this job include regularly sitting, standing, walking, fingering, manipulating or feeling objects, tools or controls; speak, hear and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to frequently grasp with hands and arms, and to bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Must be able to participate in the critical evaluation of beers.
- Some of the vision skills required for this job include near vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel to various industry events by car or plane is required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of that job.
- Travel is required.